Would you like to renew your private pesticide applicator license? Pesticide applicator continuing instruction credits (CIC) will be offered for commercial applicators in category 1D and private applicators, in order to renew your license. Mandatory attendance at one qualifying session during the conference, plus a one-hour CIC session on Friday, Jan. 24 at 2:30 p.m.
Pesticide applicators will attend a one-hour session on the required topics. The 2020 topics are laws and regulations, personal protective equipment, and storage and handling.
For applicators recertifying in categories 1D and/or 10, and Private category, the second hour of training is elective, and is designed to meet the Pests/Pesticides/Pest management requirements. For the 2020 ISPC meeting, participants will be given the following nine choices (speaker names and affiliation):
- Grapevine Trunk Disease (Annie Klodd, University of Minnesota)
- Intro to beekeeping – Welcome to your new obsession (Andrew Joseph, IDALS)
- Plasticulture Onion Production (Ajay Nair, Iowa State University Extension & Outreach)
- Spray Program Overview & New Grape Varietals Being Developed (John/Jenny Thull, University of Minnesota)
- Christmas trees (Jesse Randall, Michigan State University)
- Strawberry Insects and Diseases Found in Iowa (Joe Hannan and Lina Rodriguez-Salamanca, Iowa State University Extension & Outreach)
- Tomatoes; Disease & Pest Management Strategies (Ajay Nair and Lina Rodriguez-Salamanca, Iowa State University Extension & Outreach)
- Grape Bunch Rots: How to distinguish & control in the vineyard (Annie Klodd, University of MN)
- Start Farming: Crop Rotation Planning (Katie Kreuser, University of Nebraska Lincoln)
Each applicator must submit the appropriate completed Workshop Attendance Slip before they are given their Certificate of Attendance.